The Ministry of Education has released the revised ICT Cabling Infrastructure Policy and Standards for schools
It is important when making changes to schools’ internal networks that they meet recognised Standards for Information and Communications Technology (ICT). This applies to ICT cabling, switches and servers, and wireless access points in all new buildings, or alterations and additions to existing infrastructure.
In order to protect the investment in learning infrastructure, schools, designers, and installers must ensure that when upgrading, developing or altering a school’s ICT infrastructure that all ICT work is carried out in accordance with Regulations, Codes of Practice, and Standards, such as those outlined in ICT Cabling Infrastructure: Policy and Standards for Schools version 4.0 [PDF; 488kb].
The Ministry ICT Standards for network upgrades are listed below.
Standards for Network Upgrades
- ICT Cabling Infrastructure policy and standards for schools [PDF; 488 kb]
- Ministry of Education switching policy and standards [PDF; 825kb]
- Wireless LAN Guidelines - understanding wireless [WORD; 1001kb]
- Wireless LAN Guidelines - build and maintain [WORD; 1.42mb]
- Wireless product specifications [Word; 269kb]
Torque IP know the IT options available to schools and can give advice that ensures the best fit. Not only does this lead to cost effective decision making but gives confidence to Boards that due diligence has been followed.
At TorqueIP we really appreciate you making contact with us.